Saturday 3 December 2011

At the Speed of Time

Time Flies. And the older you get, the quicker time flies. I've just returned from visting a cousin at Basingstoke, other family members came down, and I was just struck by the way people have changed, grown, matured, etc. My cousin is now a mum, another cousin that came down is at Uni, another one had a fullly grown beard...I remember when we were all so young and little, care-free and feeling that we knew more about the World than our parents.

So what's my point? Life waits for no-one. Let's focus on the things that matter, two of which are building a relationship with God and building relationships with people. No great thing has ever been accomplished in isolation, the pianist has to play an instrument made by someone else, the singer needs a producer, the actor needs a director, the theatre artist needs an audience, the teacher needs a classroom, the student needs a teacher, or a book written by someone else. Reach out to God, reach out to someone, today.

                                       Above is a pic taken with a few of my cousins years ago
 Above is a pic taken with 2 of the cousins (can you tell who's who?) from the previous pic (Look...one's now a mum! Time Flies.)

P.S. They might not be perfect, but please love and appreciate family. Oh what a joy it was to just observe and take pleasure in the company of my family today (at Basingstoke), I was so thankful to God for His preservation of our lives, I was so thankful for this reunion, for the feeling of being connected to, and part of a larger unit, the jokes, the stories, and another beautiful memory etched in my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment