Monday 19 December 2011

JUST DO IT!

A lot of times, people don't even start things because they're scared of 'failure'. I don't mean failure in the general sense this time, but a failure to reach unrealistic standards we set ourselves. When God made man, he was perfect, flawless; but man sinned, and thus became a fallen creature, i.e. flawed, imperfect. This is not the end of the story, God has made a way for us to get back on the path of perfection; that Way is Jesus Christ. The sad story is that a lot of us seek perfection outside of Jesus Christ - we aim to be perfect at school, we aim to be perfect at our jobs, we aim to be perfect husbands, fathers etc. Aiming to be perfect without acknowledging that we are human beings that make mistakes, get tired, lose motivation, lose focus is bound to end in frustration, resentment and depression. Yes, there is a desire to return to what we once were - perfect, but (i) True perfection cannot be attained outside Jesus Christ, (ii) Please don't beat up yourself when you fail to reach your goals; get up and keep going! (iii) DO WHAT YOU CAN. Have that mentality;"I am going to give everything to this project, this assignment, this task; yes, I might get tired along the way, yes I might lose motivation sometimes, but that's the package that comes with being a human in a fallen world; I will start again, I will go back to the drawing board, I will fight my emotions, I will relentlessly pursue my goals, I will try different angles, I will try different techniques, I might fail today, but I will win someday, I will win. The battle belongs not to the quickest finishers in life, but to the ones who fell, got up and kept going, fell, got up and kept going...DO WHAT YOU CAN TODAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment